Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Trees for Troops

One of the nice things about being a military family is that businesses will once in a while do something nice to support us. This is a nice example: Trees for Troops. They give out free, live Christmas trees! Well, the boys wanted a real tree this year so after I dropped them off at school, I went down and stood in line with Owen to get one. Jon is in Germany for 10 days so he gets to miss out on the excitement. Owen and I picked our tree and a nice Marine carried to the van. I tied it to the top and set it up. As you can see, it is a nice one and our living room smells so great!

Also, they had a nice Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony on post. There were tents set up and inside every tent, they had free food and toys for the kids. Here are the boys on the train: Eating yummy food (it was FREEZING)!
Too bad Jon had to miss all of the fun!

No comments: