Saturday, December 18, 2010

Yes, I'm That Age

Well, not officially until the 26th, but today I went to dinner with some friends that I thought was for celebrating Erin and Pete's recent college graduation.  But no...it was for me and my milestone birthday!  Even Katrin drove all the way from KC just to be a part of it!!  As you can see, I have trouble even writing down the number (40)---yuck.  However, I am glad that I don't feel that age!  I know people who are younger than me that have way more aches and pains than I have!  Well, here are a few facts about me upon this milestone:
I have been married to Jon for 17 years, but have known him for 29 years (wow).
I am a mother to 3 amazing children: 
                                                                 Justin-12
                                                                Nathan-10
                                                                 Owen-4
I have the best job in the world:  I am a stay at home mom.  However, once Owen starts kindergarten in 2012, I would like to finally put me degree to use and substitute teach so my main job is not effected.
I have lived in the following places:  Ann Arbor,Michigan,   Dearborn, Michigan,   Dunedin, Florida,   Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri,   back to Dunedin, Florida,   Hanau, Germany,   Langensebold, Germany,      Killeen, Texas,   and back to Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri.  I would love to move back to Florida, but we will see with the way the job market goes.
My parents and brother all live in Florida.
My hobbies are reading and running...I hope to run a lot next year. 
Yeah, this age is not too bad :)



No comments: