Friday, May 8, 2009

5th Grade Picnic

Every year, Mrs. Cash has a class picnic after school, with her 5th grade class. Since this is her last year of teaching after 29 years, it was especially nice. Now some of you may not know that Mrs. Cash was also Justin's second grade teacher. They have a really close bond. It was a nice time of BBQ and playing at the park. It was funny because during the picnic, two of Justin's classmates, Iris and Fahra, came up to me and started this conversation:
Iris: "You know, me and Fahra are in competition. (both girls giggling at this point).
Me: "Oh yeah? What, in school?"
Fahra: "No...we both like the same boy....(long pause and more giggling)...and it is your son!"
At this point, both girls take of running. I thought it was so funny.

Here are some pics:

The cooks:
Justin and his BFF Gabe:
Bristan and Brittney chasing Owen. The whole class loves him! This is when Owen escaped to the park about 1oo yards away when no one was looking and the rescue team retrieved him:Cutting the cake. It said: "Congratulations 5th Graders! I love you....your teacher, Mrs. Cash."
Iris:Justin and Fahra: Hmmm...I think I see the "crush" thing being mutual :)


No comments: